The Senior Project is an extensive endeavor through which the student selects a worthy topic and completes the components of a project which demonstrate the mastery of content competencies in the student’s major as well as growth in work habits, STEM literacy skills, and a variety of 21st century skills.
- Research: Evidence based practice has become the expected standard in medicine. Students will review scholarly evidence in efforts to solve a problem of interest. Students will be assisted in developing APA style papers to discuss their findings.
- Presentation: Students will create a research presentation board and participate in a research presentation fair.
- Documentation: Students will develop an electronic portfolio documenting professional information and activities.
- Implementation: Students are encouraged to implement their findings through either community service projects, educational dissemination, or collaborative discussions during the internship.
- Reflection: Students will develop a brief reflective presentation to discuss attainment of program objectives. These will be presented to a designated audience at the end of the Clinical Studies course.